Tuesday, May 02, 2006

wheeeee...TORTE

y'all will be pleased to know that i am out of my oh-im-so-old-i-should-die funk...and now...as a result of my mid-teen crisis...i have red hair...say it with me everybody..oi vey.needless to say my very easily scandalised extended family was just that....SCANDALIZED BEYOND ALL REASON....some auntles actually swooned...not with a sudden surge of love....but with utter disbelief that one of their own could have committed such a sin...(for those of you unaccquainted with the rules of being the perfect punjabi girl...here are the basic guidelines...

  1. must be quiet...seen and not heard...
  2. respect elders even though they criticize everything...from your unconditioned hair...to your lack of culinary skills...
  3. be the filial daughter...scrub off all aunties' and uncles' warts and suspect abnormal growths without so much as a whimper...if you recoil...you will be deemed an ingrate and will forever be subjected to reproachful "oh-how-could-you?" stares...)there you have it...the basics of being the proverbial apple of the family's eye...

not that i would ever consent to being the apple,orange..or durian of anyone eye....so therefore here i am...the red sheep of the family...

i wonder what they'd do if they knew my original plan was to get a tattoo....hmm...

no time like the present to find out...BAhahahahahaha...

p.s.-es...

  1. despite the overwhelming urge to test the limits of my family's tolerance of my "madness"..i dont really think im gonna go get a tattoo...cos...my pain threshold is very low...i flinch at the thought of having my knee scraped...i avoid tarred roads when wearing shorts...i stay away from rough textured walls...you get the idea...
  2. my dad said that i can live on the balcony if i get a tattoo...he's gonna get a ladder -step installed just in case i carry out my "crazy teenage antics"...
  3. oi vey....
  4. photos of the swooning and close ups of hair and potential tattoo designs to follow...
  5. those quote..unquotes.. are actual excerpts from the lenghty speeches..*coughnagginglecturescough* lovingly bestowed upon me by my esteemed elders..
  6. see...i my best with the respect thing...

the fairytaler at 11:16 PM

0told tales

0 Comments

Post a Comment